Since yesterday was my birthday, and since Benjamin has been twenty months
old for ten days now, Joel told me that he would go ahead and write
this month's blog post as a little gift to me! (This blogging stuff is
SUCH hard work, you know!!!) :) Anyway... Take it away, Joel! And don't
leave anything out!!! :)
Well..... This month has been
exhausting! Here is an outline of how I spent the last month: Wake up at
7, start studying around 7:45 or 8. and then finish around 10 o'clock
at night and go to bed. I rarely saw Lindsay or Benjamin, but hopefully
the amount of time that I dedicated to studying paid off. Lindsay and I
went up to Sioux Falls the night before the test and went out to dinner
and celebrated our fifth(!) anniversary. It was nice to be able to relax
the night before the biggest test of my life. The test was.... long. I
feel like the time just flew by and dragged on all at the same time, but
now it is over and I have to wait 4-6 weeks before I get my scores
back. I am so lucky and blessed to have the most amazing and
understanding wife in the world who was willing to support me and listen
to me whine about having to study for 14 hours a day.
So
enough about my boring old life, let's get to the fun part of the
family! Benjamin and Lindsay are doing really well. Benjamin is growing
up so fast! He is so smart! He knows all of his colors and shapes and he
is such a good little talker! He has started to say, "YAY!!!" when he
agrees with something. So if we say, "Benjamin, do you want to go see
Grandpa and Rara (That's what he calls Lindsay's mom... so cute)?" He
says, "YAY!!!!" and throws his arms in the air. It is so sweet. Linds
has taken him to the pool and he loves doing that. He is just a little
fish and he loves to swim and dip his face in the water. He also LOVES
to go out to the farm with his Papa. He likes to go out on the four
wheeler and "drive." He helped my dad install the sprinkler system on
his flying field and came inside completely soaked... he absolutely
loved it! Lindsay has been keeping busy as well. She has given a few
voice lessons while we have been here and has been wrangling Benjamin
and keeping him happy. Last week I built Benjamin a new toddler bed. We
are excited to move in to our new apartment on the first of the month
and hopefully we won't have to get out the crib at all and he can just
move right into his new bed.
The Tjarks family is doing well. I start school on the 2nd of
July and I'm really excited to start this next chapter in our lives.
I also have to give Lindsay credit for being so diligent in
keeping our blog updated. It's hard work to try and remember everything that has happened in a month! I'll leave it up to her to
keep things updated from now on :).
Great post, Daddy!!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys are such a cute family! We miss you here in Verm : (
ReplyDelete