I've reached the near-end of my pregnancy. Hopefully these last couple weeks will continue to treat me well! I thought I'd take this opportunity to document how this whole experience has been. Here are some fun facts about my first pregnancy!
First Trimester:
I only threw up once, and it was after a huge coughing fit so I don't even blame that on the pregnancy nausea. In fact, I didn't feel too bad at all! I always felt just a little icky and had no appetite a majority of the time. I absolutely REFUSED to eat meat, especially chicken. Ewww - it grossed me out! Joel had to man our cooking blog all by himself for a good two months, and I have no idea what he made during that time because I pretty much didn't want to be around it. Besides my aversions to most all food, I'm going to say that the first trimester was doable. I definitely had it better than a lot of other pregnant ladies out there, so I consider myself lucky. I'm not sure if anybody around me knew I was pregnant because I wanted to be careful to keep it quiet until I was 12 weeks along.
Second Trimester:
One day during week 10 or 11, I woke up and thought to myself, "wow! I feel really good!" I had a ton of energy, that "icky" feeling had disappeared, and I had an appetite once again! During week 12 Joel and I went ahead and told our close family and friends the good news! Whew! What a relief to had made it through that scary 1st trimester! We packed up and moved from Utah to South Dakota during this time. We also took some fun trips, including vacations to Florida and the Black Hills. My sisters even threw me a surprise baby shower during a family reunion! I was grateful to not be too big that I could still comfortably enjoy myself during our travels! Some of my favorite moments from this trimester include: feeling the baby move for the first time - (was that a gas bubble?), feeling the baby "dance" on my pelvic floor, finding out he was a "he", and seeing his sweet little face and body during ultrasounds. I finally had some real pregnancy cravings during this time: Pizza, Tomato Soup, and Sweets/Candy.
Third Trimester:
Well, here I am. Amazingly, I feel really great for being as big as a house. I did find out that I've developed a mild case of gestational diabetes, so I'm just watching my diet, counting carbs, and testing my blood sugar 4 times a day to make sure I don't get out of control. (Darn those candy cravings...) The boy is doing great, even though his head is a little bigger than the rest of his body - due to the diabetes. I'm hoping that my doctor will plan to induce me a week or two early so I'm not having to push a freaking bobblehead out of my body! I'll find out more about my options this Thursday during my appointment. At this point, my hospital bag is packed and ready to go. I am so ready and so excited! I am so in love with this little boy (who by the way, has no name yet - suggestions???) and can't WAIT to meet him! Hopefully sooner rather than later!
You look so great, Lindsay! Good luck with everything-and finding a name!
ReplyDelete